"Virtual Backpack" – Community Flyers
Welcome to the "Virtual Backpack!"
District 28 is now posting local non-profit and community partner flyers here in
the District's "Virtual Backpack." This approach allows us to provide information about community programs in a way that is environmentally friendly and cost-effective.
Please note that flyers no longer are printed and distributed, and they are
approved on a case by case basis. Below you'll find information from the Village of Northbrook as well as not-for-profit educational, parenting, and related organizations that are based in Northbrook or a neighboring suburb. Please note that District 28 is making this information available as a courtesy and to provide information about local events and programs in our community. Materials
posted on this page are the responsibility of the organizations
Starting on October 1, 2012, flyers will be posted one time on the Virtual Backpack page. Community organization representatives submitting flyers are asked to specify the week when they would like the flyer to appear. This policy is designed to keep the number of flyers in each weekly update at a manageable level, and to give each flyer an opportunity to be featured.
Remember to check back often to stay informed!
Procedures for submitting information
May 17 – 23
- Northbrook Farmers Market – Information about special "double value" opportunities for families who use Link cards – download the flyer to learn more
- GBN Grad Cards 2013 – honor a graduating senior and support GBN grad
night – learn more and access an order form by downloading this flyer
May 3 – 9
Glenbrook North High School Jr. Spartan Football –
fall registration for 4th through 8th graders – late registration is June 1 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Glenbrook
North High School – download the flyer to learn more
April 26 – May 2
- "Clinic with the Spartans" – Sunday, May 5 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at St. Norbert School, 1817 Walters Ave. - fundraiser for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital - download the flyer to learn more.
April 19 – 25
- "Home Run For Heroes" – April 28 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Village Green Baseball field – fundraiser for The Wounded Warrior Project sponsored by Glenbrook North seniors – prizes and fun – download the flyer to learn more
- National "Take Back" Initiative – safely dispose of unused household prescription drugs – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, April 27 – Northbrook Police Department, 1401 Landwehr Road – download the flyer
- Internet Essentials – low-cost Internet access from Comcast for families who participate in the National School Lunch program – click on the flyer to learn more
April 12 – 18
- GBN Grad Cards 2013 – honor a graduating senior and support GBN grad night – learn more and access an order form by downloading this flyer
- Northbrook's Creatively Caring – spring service activities for families – participate on April 27 at 10:30 a.m. at The Book Market in the Glen, 2561 Navy Blvd – learn more by downloading the flyer
April 1 – 11
- Northbrook's 43rd Earth & Arbor Day Celebration – 8:30 to 1:30 p.m. April 20 on the Village Green – community clean-up at 8:30 a.m., with exhibits, food, and entertainment for all – download the flyer
- Northbrook Youth Commission Youth Film Festival – call for film and video entries – deadline is May 31 – learn more by downloading the flyer
- Northbrook Interfaith Sunday – 1 to 4 p.m. April 21 – sponsored by the Northbrook Community Relations Commission and the Northbrook Clergy Association – featuring 13 Northbrook houses of worship – download more information